The optical Stark effect in numerous low-J branch features in the Ω=0+ ← band near 19 040 cm−1 of nickel oxide, NiO, has been recorded and analyzed. The permanent electric dipole moment, , for the and [19.04] Ω=0+ states were determined to be 4.43 ± 0.04 D and 1.85 ± 0.16 D, respectively. The measured dipole moments of NiO are compared to those from theoretical predictions and the trend across the 3d -metal monoxide series discussed. The field-free spectrum was analyzed to produce an improved set of fine structure parameters for the [19.04] Ω=0+ state.
- The permanent electric dipole moment of nickel oxide, NiO
- The electric dipole moment of magnesium deuteride, MgD
- Stark and Zeeman effect in the [18.6]3.5 – X(1)4.5 transition of uranium monofluoride, UF
- The electric dipole moment of cobalt monoxide, CoO
- The hyperfine interaction in the odd isotope of ytterbium fluoride, 171YbF