The (0,0) A 2Π–X 2Σ+ band of a cold molecular beam sample of magnesium monodeuteride, MgD, has been recorded field-free and in the presence of a static electric field of up to 11 kV/cm. The lines associated with the lowest rotational levels are detected for the first time. The field-free spectrum was analyzed to produce an improved set of fine structure parameters for the A2Π (v = 0) state. The observed electric field induced splittings and shifts were analyzed to produce permanent electric dipole moments, μ⃗ el of 2.567(10)D and 1.31(8)D for A 2Π (v = 0) and X 2Σ+(v = 0) states, respectively. The recommended value for μ⃗ el (X 2Σ+ (v = 0)) for MgH, based upon the measured value for MgD, is 1.32(8)D.
- The permanent electric dipole moment of nickel oxide, NiO
- The electric dipole moment of magnesium deuteride, MgD
- Stark and Zeeman effect in the [18.6]3.5 – X(1)4.5 transition of uranium monofluoride, UF
- The electric dipole moment of cobalt monoxide, CoO
- The hyperfine interaction in the odd isotope of ytterbium fluoride, 171YbF