High resolution spectra of the 0-0 band of the [18.6]3.5 – X(1)4.5 transition of uraniummonofluoride, UF, obtained using a laser ablation spectrometer, showed a perturbation in the upper state. Examination of the Stark and Zeeman effects yielded permanent electric dipole moments of 2.01 and 1.88 D and magnetic g-factors of 3.28 and 3.26 for the ground and excited states, respectively. Both the dipole moment and g-factor of the ground state are in good agreement with ab initio calculations [I. O. Antonov and M. C. Heaven, J. Phys. Chem. A117, 9684 (2013)]. The Zeeman effect results confirm that the ground state arises primarily from the U+(5f 37s 2 4I4.5)F− configuration and suggest several possible configurations for the upper state.
Home » Publication » Stark and Zeeman effect in the [18.6]3.5 – X(1)4.5 transition of uranium monofluoride, UF
- The permanent electric dipole moment of nickel oxide, NiO
- The electric dipole moment of magnesium deuteride, MgD
- Stark and Zeeman effect in the [18.6]3.5 – X(1)4.5 transition of uranium monofluoride, UF
- The electric dipole moment of cobalt monoxide, CoO
- The hyperfine interaction in the odd isotope of ytterbium fluoride, 171YbF